BioGuard Banish Algicide (1 qt)
Banish is a fast-acting, highly effective, patented, non-foaming algicide that produces results in 24 hours! It kills all types of algae in swimming pools. Thanks to a patented chelant, Banish also prevents staining that commonly occurs with other copper-based algicides.
Highly effective pool algae destroyer and preventative
Fast-acting formula produces results in 24 hours (when used in conjunction with BioGuard Shocks)
Patented non-staining, non-foaming formula
Kills and prevents green, mustard and black algae
Works in chlorine and bromine pools
Does not affect pH so pH adjustments are unnecessary after treatment.
Directions for use:
To prevent pool algae
1. Adjust pH to between 7.2-7.6
2. Establish and maintain proper chlorine or bromine levels
3. Vacuum leaves and other debris from your swimming pool
4. Initially apply 8 fluid ounces of Banish per 10,000 gallons of pool water with pump and filter operating
5. Thereafter, for weekly application intervals, add 1.5 fluid ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water. For two week application intervals, add 3 fluid ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water every other week.
6. Apply more often if pool volume is diluted by heavy rain, frequent backwashing, or partial drain/refill.
Treatment of visible pool algae:
1. Add 1 pound of BioGuard Burn Out Extreme per 10,000 gallons of pool water or 1 pound of Burn Out Extreme 35 per 6,000 gallons of pool water or 1 pound of BioGuard Smart Shock per 12,000 gallons of pool water. Follow application directions for these products.
2. Allow to circulate for 1 hour
3. With pump and filter operating, apply 16 fluid ounces of BioGuard Banish per 10,000 gallons of pool water in areas of heaviest algae growth
4. Continuously circulate pool water for 24 hours
5. The next day, thoroughly brush pool surfaces
6. In cases of persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2-4 days
7. Chemically cleaning the filter is recommended 3 to 4 days after treatment.